Saturday, August 4, 2012

A Bit of Practice


I'm tired of looking at store bought gargoyles and I wanted to create some of my own.  The problem is I really hate working with paper mache as a large scale operation because 1. it's super messy and 2. I'm not very good at adding material.  I decided I have quite a bit of foam hanging around my garage so I decided instead of adding messy material to some bottles and PVC I would simply subtract material from a solid object.  I have never done sculpting so this is my first attempt.  This is my practice gargoyle.  I say practice because it is not very detailed or complicated.  It is a classic water spewing gargoyle.  I am currently working on a design to sit atop my new columns that should be ready before this year's haunt goes up.  The gargoyle is fairly small, measuring 14" long x 5" tall.

No comments:

Post a Comment